drive partitioning

yakuza 20:52 03 Jul 03

have managed to go into admin tools then, comp management then, disk management.my c drive has got 7.81 g.b. the d drive has 29.5 g.b.Have managed to delete what was on d drive,which was next to nothing. But the 29.5 g.b. is showing as unallocated.How do i transfer the 29.5g.b. onto the c drive with windows xp

woodchip 20:56 03 Jul 03

Do not know what you are about, but if you have a restore disc. The partition may have contained vital info to put your comp back on the road

zanwalk 21:35 03 Jul 03

I do not believe it is possible to do what you wish with XP without a complete reformat and reinstall, which presumably you do not want to do.

Why not keep it as it is and transfer you data to D drive? 7.81Gb should be sufficient for XP and other software. The advantage of doing that is that if ever you do have to reinstall XP, the data should be safe.

Partition Magic or similar programs are able to merge partitions without reinstall, but I presume you haven't got that.

Despicable Desperado 22:04 03 Jul 03

Lots of threads re this tonight!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…