drive not ready message

conrail 20:37 14 Jan 08

using xp home with 1 x DVD+RW RW5240 and 1 x IDE DVD-ROM drives, I have just reinstalled xp and I am getting the following message on the desktop:
Windows - Drive Not Ready (in the title bar)
The drive is not ready for use; it's door may be open. Please check drive\device\harddisk4\DR7 and make sure that a diskis inserted and that the drive door is closed.
Cancel Try Again Continue
pressing continue allows the desktop to load.
I have checked device manager and there does not seem to be a problem with either of the drives so all suggestions gratefully accepted.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:45 14 Jan 08

Uninstall and reinstall in device manager.
and do you have Enable recording on his drve ticked in the recording tab for the drive properties in My computer.

conrail 20:59 14 Jan 08

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, that has sorted it, I unistalled both drives from device manager and enable recording was selced on the DVD RW drive

conrail 11:43 15 Jan 08

started pc this morning and message back - help!!

Technotiger 11:46 15 Jan 08

Run ccleaner click here might be just a glitch in the registry.

conrail 12:00 15 Jan 08

thanks Technotiger, that seems to be working, I had ccleaner installed, I will wait until I restart tomorrow to verify it has worked.

Technotiger 12:02 15 Jan 08

OK, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

conrail 13:03 16 Jan 08

thanks Technotiger that has it sorted, I also changed the bios boot options, as I had just formatted and reinstalled the 1st boot option was from CD, its now from the HD, all help gratefilly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac