Drive Nearly Full

Legslip 14:29 PM 27 Sep 11

My pals PC is running XP with an 80gb HD. The drive is very full and therefore slow. I have looked at a few folder sizes and a folder in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup is showing 14gb. There are six other folder in the Apple Backup and thay all show about half a gig or less. Any idea why one is so large? Is it safe to delete?

Also, C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook is showing at 5gb. Why is this so large?

Woolwell 14:48 PM 27 Sep 11

If you open the Outlook file you may well find the pst and ost files there. If your pal has a large amount of e-mails, calendar events, archived items then this could explain the size of the folder.

Legslip 15:02 PM 27 Sep 11

Yes Woolwell your right, it's his pst file. Think we'll have to consider fitting a much larger HD.

How difficult is it to fit a new disk and transfer everything over inc. Windows so that the PC boots as normal from it?

onthelimit1 15:10 PM 27 Sep 11

Cloning with Seagate Discwizard takes about 15 mins.

Legslip 17:14 PM 27 Sep 11

Thanks OnTheLimit. Can I use the Seagate software with a Western Digital HD?

lotvic 18:05 PM 27 Sep 11

Had a look on the manufacturers websites, free program and download from a link on the pages:

About DiscWizard: Seagate DiscWizard works with Maxtor and Seagate disc drives clickhere

WesternDigital Free: Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive

onthelimit1 18:08 PM 27 Sep 11

I'm pretty sure the Seagate one is also a slimmed down version of Acronis - very easy to use, but obviously best to use the one free from WD

lotvic 18:16 PM 27 Sep 11

onthelimit1, yes I agree Seagate one is also slimmed down version of Acronis. I used that for ages before got present of Acronis2010 when the snow was thick on the ground 9 months ago *

Legslip 18:20 PM 27 Sep 11

Brilliant people. Will report back when done. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…