Drive Nearly Full

Legslip 27 Sep 11

My pals PC is running XP with an 80gb HD. The drive is very full and therefore slow. I have looked at a few folder sizes and a folder in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup is showing 14gb. There are six other folder in the Apple Backup and thay all show about half a gig or less. Any idea why one is so large? Is it safe to delete?

Also, C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook is showing at 5gb. Why is this so large?

Woolwell 27 Sep 11

If you open the Outlook file you may well find the pst and ost files there. If your pal has a large amount of e-mails, calendar events, archived items then this could explain the size of the folder.

Legslip 27 Sep 11

Yes Woolwell your right, it's his pst file. Think we'll have to consider fitting a much larger HD.

How difficult is it to fit a new disk and transfer everything over inc. Windows so that the PC boots as normal from it?

onthelimit1 27 Sep 11

Cloning with Seagate Discwizard takes about 15 mins.

here

Legslip 27 Sep 11

Thanks OnTheLimit. Can I use the Seagate software with a Western Digital HD?

lotvic 27 Sep 11

Had a look on the manufacturers websites, free program and download from a link on the pages:

About DiscWizard: Seagate DiscWizard works with Maxtor and Seagate disc drives clickhere

WesternDigital Free: Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

onthelimit1 27 Sep 11

I'm pretty sure the Seagate one is also a slimmed down version of Acronis - very easy to use, but obviously best to use the one free from WD

lotvic 27 Sep 11

onthelimit1, yes I agree Seagate one is also slimmed down version of Acronis. I used that for ages before got present of Acronis2010 when the snow was thick on the ground 9 months ago *

Legslip 27 Sep 11

Brilliant people. Will report back when done. Thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message