drive names are mixed up?

haggis ok 16:21 20 Jun 05

I have managed to remove several viruses from my pc, but now I seem to have a problem with my d and e drives. drive d is inbuilt into my pc and drive e is a seperate dvd drive,how do I get them back to normal? pc is a pavillion 11mhz and the external dvd is an emprex,running windows xp home.Any help please.

ventanas 16:31 20 Jun 05

Right click My computer and choose Manage, then Disc Management. Right click the drive you want to change and choose Change Driver letter and paths. Pick any letter you want.

However the external drive will always pick up the first available letter when you connect it.

haggis ok 16:43 20 Jun 05

thanks for the promp reply ventanas,I did as you say and guess what the drive that is currently e starts at e, ie no abc or d and the other drive starts at d,but with no e? very confusing, I may have other problems as the xp security icon has dissappeared from the bottom right of my screen and the anti virus didnt kick in when i opened outlook express, tho when i open the security centre it says everything is switched on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…