Drive letters on cloning Disc

ThickMick 19:08 04 Dec 07

I have Acronis 9 and want to clone my C drive 80gb to an external 300gb for back-up. I get to the cloning part and notice it says the destination drive is renamed C. Is this OK to continue as want to keep the original drive as it is.

User-219333 19:15 04 Dec 07

Can you not rename the destination drive to "copy of C"

ThickMick 19:26 04 Dec 07

Screen shows the drive but no way of altering the drive letter

Screen is Hard Disk Drive Structures and shows both drives in yellow as primary drives

SANTOS7 19:34 04 Dec 07

If you are not going to use the clone as a bootable option, use the BACKUP function from the task list,its safer and easier...

ThickMick 19:43 04 Dec 07

Thanks for that Santos7. New to all this and using BACKup says I do not have enough priveleges to do it to ext drive. However have 2nd 40gb hard drive which it lets me use. Will do that for now and try and learn a bit more

Cheers

User-219333 19:44 04 Dec 07

I agree with SANTOS7, your C drive is constantly changing so you couldn't call it a cloning

SANTOS7 19:51 04 Dec 07

Useing an internal slave drive i think is the way to go (how mine is) its readily available if you need to use it, if you encounter any USb probs which are more likely to happen your backup is useless, you then have to go through all the messing about of taking external out of caddy and putting in PC,keep it simple, it will serve you well...

ThickMick 20:10 04 Dec 07

All done

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now