Drive letter in XP

gold 47 01:31 21 Apr 04

How do you change the drive letter of the HDD in XP
coming up as F i want to change it to C i have done it in the past but old head can't remember.

pc moron 01:40 21 Apr 04

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Storage> Disk Management.

Right click the drive you want to rename and you'll see the options in the drop-down menu.

SANTOS7 01:43 21 Apr 04

Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
Under Computer Management, click Disk Management. In the right pane, you’ll see your drives listed. CD-ROM drives are listed at the bottom of the pane.
Right-click the drive or device you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the drive letter you want to assign, and then click OK.

SANTOS7 01:44 21 Apr 04

Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
Under Computer Management, click Disk Management. In the right pane, you’ll see your drives listed. CD-ROM drives are listed at the bottom of the pane.
Right-click the drive or device you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the drive letter you want to assign, and then click OK.

ventanas 08:42 21 Apr 04

Is this the system drive or partition we are talking about. if so I don't think you can change it quite so easily.

According to my very thick XP book KB article Q223188 explains how to do it. Although it says it's for 2000 it also works in XP and is not for the faint hearted.

gold 47 09:22 21 Apr 04

Many thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…