drive letter not seen

Rambleon 19:17 04 Jul 07

I have installed an external hard drive, USB2, and partitioned this into two drives, L and M. Both drives are formatted NTSF and seen by all users on my XP Pro based desk top using "My Computer" except me, I only see the first of these. I can type the drive destination and save to it using save as functions but it remains invisible. Is there a setting in "my computer" that needs to be changed to read beyond M drives?

have you got tweak ui ?
click here
if not try the download once downloaded, look at my comp left column expand to drives and untick z see if that makes any difference

Rambleon 19:44 04 Jul 07

hi "The Raven" I have tweak ui for XP version 2 but my computer only expands to special folders and auto play sub folders.
Slight correction to original posting I cant save to the m drive using save as in my user area but all others can.

ramble on,
sorry i havent much experience in this but maybe
try the 2.1 version, the drive letter in your user id may of allocated the drive letter to say a mem stick mp3 player etc so is not free,untick m in tweak ui see if that works?

Rambleon 20:09 04 Jul 07

The Raven, downloaded and installed version 2.10 but still dont see the drop down you are refering to, alos other users on the pc dont have this problem !

hi mate
its not a drop down as such
if you click on the triangle next to my computer it should expand tree including drives,special folders
click on drives reveals a to z of drives,

Rambleon 20:39 04 Jul 07

all, I have tried changing the drive letter using disk management from M to a later letter but it still is not seen in "My computer" also if I change another drive from J, which is seen to T this is no longer seen in my computer. seems to be a cut off at L drive for some reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now