Drive letter has changed from c to e

Steve C 13:44 25 Feb 05

after trying to boot up i find that C drive letter has changed to E therefore the system wont start.C is now the drive letter for a partition on another hard drive hard drive.
any ideas how to change the drive letter back to c again I have 2000pro installed obviously i cant access it.Have tried emergency repair disk it just says E is corrupt
THANKS

strech 14:46 25 Feb 05

if your using win xp try system restor

strech 14:48 25 Feb 05

sory did not read all ofit 2000 i dont know

Steve C 14:50 25 Feb 05

no its 2000 and restore wont work as the assigned drive letter isnt c and cant boot

Stuartli 14:55 25 Feb 05

If you go to Control Panel>Computer Management>Disk Management, you can change the drive letters according to requirements.

FelixTCat 14:58 25 Feb 05

Disconnect or take out the other drive. You should then be able to boot OK. Then make sure that your boot drive is set to master and the other drive to slave and reconnect it.

Steve C 15:00 25 Feb 05

yes i could if i had acess to the op system which i dont as the assigned letter for c drive has changed to e and is not recognised as a bootable drive

Stuartli 15:01 25 Feb 05

From Disk Management:

Right-click a partition, logical drive, or volume, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use and then click OK.

To modify a drive letter, click it, click Change, click the drive letter you want to use and then click OK.

To remove a drive letter, click it and then click Remove.

Steve C 15:01 25 Feb 05

thanks felix will try that

Stuartli 15:09 25 Feb 05

Oops - just realised you can't bootup...:-(

How are you conducting this thread?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…