Drive lerrers

hgrock 00:08 03 Aug 04

i hooked up an intrnal zip to my pc,on the same primary cable as the HD, the secondary cable has 2 CD Rom drives, when i turned on the PC my C drive became E and the Zip was C, how can i remady this. unhooking the zip drive made no differance

johnnyrocker 00:10 03 Aug 04

not much chance of help if you dont provide some useful info like os etc

johnny.

User-312386 00:17 03 Aug 04

hi there

As johnnyrocker has said could please give us your operating system (windows95, 98, ME or XP)?

Many thanks

Its nice to ask in a polite way i think

hgrock 07:55 03 Aug 04

madboy33©® the Os is XP professional, thansk for your responce

TECHNODIMWIT 09:24 03 Aug 04

Have you tried system restore, should sort it out and return letters to normal.

Mister Splendid©® 10:22 03 Aug 04

Make sure the jumper settings are correct, hard drive to primary and Zip drive to slave, and make sure the hard drive uses the connector on the end of the ide cable.

Sans le Sou 10:51 03 Aug 04

If it is all connected properly you should be able to assign drive letters in Admin.Tools/computer management/disk management, or is it different in XP pro. Do you have the Zip tools as there may be a drive letter management application in your version.

Djohn 12:11 03 Aug 04

It's the same for XP pro but you can't alter the Master dive letter, usually C. All other drive letters but not the C drive from computer management. System restore is the best option to try and change this back. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…