Drive Img v Ghost v Acr??

Rtus 09:44 22 Oct 04

Forgive me Ive forgotten its name....
Ok heres what I require .. Those of you out there using a product like Drive image /ghost or any other ones, Have any of you backed up to DVD drive ? if so which model.& how easy did you find the program to use,(it must not require creation of image on additional drive then copying to DVD)Im looking at ease of use (novice compatable)& good level of product support.
Your thoughts welcome . Thanks.

jimv7 10:39 22 Oct 04

Norton ghost, when you create the image file it gives you the option to save image file to cd/dvd.

Carafaraday 11:21 22 Oct 04

I'm a total non-techie and managed to back up to DVD with DI7 - it was perfectly straightforward.

It's Me 12:53 22 Oct 04

Don't forget that Drive Image is now part of the Norton, perhaps in future, now, Drive Image will disappear.

Rtus 22:41 22 Oct 04

Ive always used /recomended DI7 myself due to its ease of use. however having tried it on a LG DVD super drive...DIM couldnt find the drive at all.(obviously not on the supported drive list).although Dim performs Hd to Hd transfer/copy in 6 minutes flat,which was carried out on my own machine the critera here was to burn to CD/DVD.for the new novice user to be able to cope with..I then went for powerquest support >zilch.no list of drives nothing or updates.it seems symantic bought it out & no longer offer support. Carafaraday could you advise which make model drive your using with Dim7 mail it to me if you dont wish to post on forum.. Thanks for the replies ..

Carafaraday 09:53 23 Oct 04

I told you I was a total non-techie so I'm afraid I can't tell you the details you want to know. I have a HP Pavilion t580 uk with a DVD rom drive and a cd/dvd+r read/write drive - is that any help? Sorry if this is not the information that you need.

Rtus 15:07 23 Oct 04

thats fine Carafaraday I can look it up now your said which Hp model.. Thanks for the Help..

g0nvs 15:30 23 Oct 04

I found Drive Image to be a bit picky with certain CD writers. The only reliable program I found & like is Ghost. Works for me everytime.

g0nvs 15:32 23 Oct 04

P.S............DVD writer is Pioneer DVR 107.

Rtus 17:10 23 Oct 04

Thanks all..Ill close this now ,& Ill create a work around for recovery..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos