Drive Image, is there a top dog ? Thanks.....

Burtonswindow 23:20 07 Jul 03

Hello to all,
I have been having a look at Powerquest's Drive Image, I use XP Home edition on one computer, and ME on another, they are networked, My brother has had a bad couple of crash's and lost a good bit of work, and he never backed up, I'm guilty of this (not backing up)and I'm about to start some important work that I don't want to lose, is the above product a good purchase ? I'm no computer buff and would appreciate the help you give, or pehaps an alternative that you may have experience of ?

Many thanks,

woodchip 23:23 07 Jul 03

One of the best, if not the best you can buy, to get you out of problems

woodchip 23:24 07 Jul 03

PS money well spent

jazzypop 23:37 07 Jul 03

Powerquest's Drive Image was considered a good product for a long time. However, Fred Langa (a *very* respected voice in IT) has taken a different view, especially with the latest version - see click here

My preference, having tried DI, Norton Ghost and Acronis, is definitely for Acronis. I haven't yet tried bootit, but see no reason to change from Acronis for now.

-pops- 08:46 08 Jul 03

I have been a fan of, and have used, Drive Image for many years.

I've just started using version 7 and I agree with previous comments and with Langa. I think Powerquest have lost the plot with this.

I will continue to use it (after all I've paid money out for it!) but I think you may be better with Acronis. Bootit is geeky and not for a casual user. Norton Ghost is, well, Norton and most regulars here know what my view of their products is.

Do, do get a backup system organised - your brother has experienced the horror of no backup - make surre you don't. Backup regularly. Do a full system backup at least every week and, if you have anything of the least importance, do a daily files and settings backup. I do the daily backup from the Windows own backup facility.

I think what you should do immediately (even before getting DI or Acronis or whatever) is to set up your Windows backup to at least have a copy of all your personal files.

Brian

Burtonswindow 11:06 08 Jul 03

Thanks to all,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…