Drive Image - Restoring Image

crimbo 08:25 16 Aug 03

How long should it take when restoring an image using the rescue floppies? Ihad cause to use it yesterday to restore my 17GB C drive, and it took over 3 hrs. It worked, but i have raed posts on this site stating you can be back up and running in 30 mins. I have a Western Digital 60GB HD, Athlon 1200 on Win XP. Regards, Kevin

zanwalk 09:01 16 Aug 03

Sounds a bit long to me, but it does depend on the options you choose when restoring. You can for instance check a box to 'skip error checking' which speeds up the process considerably.

However, restoring an image shouldn't normally be something that you have to do regularly, so 3hrs may be a lot better than not having a back up at all!

Consider also splitting that fairly large 17Gb partition into two or three smaller ones, if this is possible.

anchor 09:28 16 Aug 03

I very recently used Drive Image to restore my hard drive from CD-R`s. I had about 2.1gb to restore, and it took about 45 mins.

crimbo 12:38 16 Aug 03

It was very difficult for me to choose any options because my USB mouse wouldn't work, therefore i had to choose image etc with the tab key!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…