Drive Image problem

PaulCrane 09:38 18 Jun 03

I am having trouble using drive image, which stops due to an error every time. Powerquest's support site has suggested it might be faulty drive sector or a corrupt file. I have run scandisk and don't think it is the former. In regard to the latter, PQ suggest:-

. If the error is the result of a corrupt file, you can identify the affected file by running your program (PartitionMagic, DriveCopy, Drive Image, etc.) from the command line prompt using the /dbg switch (Debug) and sending the results to a text file. (Click here for information on running a DBG report ) When the error is reported again, the name of the file that was being read at the time the error occurred is written to the text file. Once you have identified the corrupt file, replace it with a good backup copy of the file if possible.

Unfortunately, the link to more info on running a DBG report is broken and has been for a while. Can anyone help with how I should go about "running [Drive Image] from the command line prompt using the /dbg switch (Debug) and sending the results to a text file"

I'm using Windows XP Home

PaulC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…