Drive Image and partions

Mike D 13:49 13 Oct 03

I have Drive Image installed to backup a 120Gb HDD. This was done by allowing Drive Image to create a hidden partion on the same drive. I have now installed a second HDD, which I intend to use as a backup device. If I reconfigue Drive Image to do this, can I safely allow Drive Image to delete to partion it made and will I beable to reclaim and use that free space? (I seem to remember reading somewhere that the partion was not reusable, even if deleted, without a reformat.

pepe 16:00 13 Oct 03

Partition Magic reclaims partitions, and does all manner of wonderous things.

Mike D 17:10 13 Oct 03

Thanks for the reassurance - that was tyhe answer I was hoping for.

blanco 17:31 13 Oct 03

I should just remark that Drive Image and Partition Magic are two different softwares.
I use Drive Image to back up my C Drive on a second Hard Drive so haven't had your problem.
However, does not the partition appear on the Disk Management (assuming you have XP)? If so, you can click on that partition only and reformat so that it is free for other use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…