Drive Image 7.0 and slow shutdown

Cesar 11:43 04 Aug 03

Since Installing DI 7.0 my computer has been very slow in shutting down, I am using XP Home with a 40GB HDD and 512 Ram. I uninstalled DI 7.0 and the computer shut down normally after re-installing DI 7.0 it slowed to a crawl again, any help will be gratefully received

Gaz 25 11:50 04 Aug 03

There is a registry fix that may solve this...

Start > Run > Type: Regedit > and go to Edit menu and clikc find from there in the box type: Waittokill > Once done it will find a string: waittokillapptimeout > right click it and click modify > Set to 500.

Click Edit menu again and go to find next > then: waittokillservicetimeout you can right click and select modify and set to 500.

Click the Red X to close the registry editor.

This makes XP shutdown faster,

Regards,
Gareth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING!

You edit the registry at your own risk, I cannot accept responsibility for lost data or computer problems due to this tweak, but it works for me.

Cesar 12:16 04 Aug 03

I created a restore point and tried your suggestion, but it failed to work any further suggestions will be gratefully received

SEASHANTY 17:09 04 Aug 03

By todays standards a 40GB Hard Disk isn't all that large. If you have created system backups with Drive Image as well as back-ups on XP system restore then you may be running out of disk space. Check your hard drive properties. Slowing down XP shutdown is not a normal factor after installing D.I. You must have another problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…