Drive Image 7 or Nero Backup

anniesboy68 16:03 03 Sep 04

I have recently bought an external hard drive and wish to back up my existing C drive. I have Drive image 7 so should I use that or Nero backup. Which is best do you think, please. Any experts know?

BurrWalnut 16:26 03 Sep 04

Drive Image has never let me down, I don't use Nero so have no opinion.

There is a newish version, 2.03 but I couldn't find it after a quick look at the Symantec (new owners) site.

rawprawn 16:31 03 Sep 04

I use Drive Image 7, and I also am very pleased with it and with the supprt from Acronis. Like BurrWalnut I have never used Nero so cannot pass an opinion.

Wuggy 21:38 03 Sep 04

Don't think Nero makes an 'Image' in the same fashion as PQdi or Acronis - more a back up of system files. I have used PQDI for years and thought there was nothing to beat it. However I couldn't get ot to run when trying to image a PC I bought for my son. Installed Acronis True Image Deluxe from PC Advisor edition 104 (Spring 2004). Worked a treat and as far as I am concerned is far superior to PQDI which was always beset with error numbers . So much so I bought Acronis True Image V.8 although there's not a great deal of difference from the free version on the PC Advisor cover disk.

It's Me 21:47 03 Sep 04

Since Norton have now acquired Drive Image etc, you may have to look for Norton Ghost now.

I use Ghost and it is fine although I have heard good reports of Acronis as well.

I am trying out Nero BackitUp at the moment for normal back ups to DVD but I'm not sure about it yet.

It's Me 21:49 03 Sep 04

Ah! Sorry. It must be the Port. You already have Drive Image. I reckon that you should use it, nothing is likely to be better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…