Drive Image 7 or Nero Backup

anniesboy68 16:03 03 Sep 04

I have recently bought an external hard drive and wish to back up my existing C drive. I have Drive image 7 so should I use that or Nero backup. Which is best do you think, please. Any experts know?

BurrWalnut 16:26 03 Sep 04

Drive Image has never let me down, I don't use Nero so have no opinion.

There is a newish version, 2.03 but I couldn't find it after a quick look at the Symantec (new owners) site.

rawprawn 16:31 03 Sep 04

I use Drive Image 7, and I also am very pleased with it and with the supprt from Acronis. Like BurrWalnut I have never used Nero so cannot pass an opinion.

Wuggy 21:38 03 Sep 04

Don't think Nero makes an 'Image' in the same fashion as PQdi or Acronis - more a back up of system files. I have used PQDI for years and thought there was nothing to beat it. However I couldn't get ot to run when trying to image a PC I bought for my son. Installed Acronis True Image Deluxe from PC Advisor edition 104 (Spring 2004). Worked a treat and as far as I am concerned is far superior to PQDI which was always beset with error numbers . So much so I bought Acronis True Image V.8 although there's not a great deal of difference from the free version on the PC Advisor cover disk.

It's Me 21:47 03 Sep 04

Since Norton have now acquired Drive Image etc, you may have to look for Norton Ghost now.

I use Ghost and it is fine although I have heard good reports of Acronis as well.

I am trying out Nero BackitUp at the moment for normal back ups to DVD but I'm not sure about it yet.

It's Me 21:49 03 Sep 04

Ah! Sorry. It must be the Port. You already have Drive Image. I reckon that you should use it, nothing is likely to be better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…