drive image 7 help on loading

blackjohn 10:57 09 Jul 04

I have just purchased drive image 7 and have some queries on loading the software.

I have been to the symantec web site (as they have acquired PowerQuest) but the site was no use whatsoever.

My question are
) The box contains two CD’s one for Windows Me,98,95 & NT & one forXP &2000 professional
(I have XP) – what serial number do I use for product activation as there is several numbers on the packaging e.g on the box 5 digits starting with 27***,on the XP CD sleeve 27***,also on the same sleeve 5 groups of 4 numbers and letters with hyphens between (this is the code that I assume is the activation code -- PLEASE CONFIRM)

b) In the Quick Start Guide it states that ‘you should test the PQRE(PowerQuest Recovery Enviroment) by making your computer boot from the CD & to refer to the online help instructions to do this--- there is no help from symantec.

Any help from Drive Image users would be welcome

ventanas 12:52 09 Jul 04

The activation code is on the cd sleeve. In five groups of four digits.

Online help refers to the programs help file. Open the program and click the Help menu and choose contents. Click the index tab and type pqre. From the options select boot from PQ CD and click display. The instructions are in here.

blackjohn 18:31 09 Jul 04

thanks ventas for your help,

I read the other threads on DI 7 but none seem to answer that specific question.

I have also managed to figure out how to boot from the cd via the BIOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…