Drive Image 7 - change BIOS to boot from CD?

Carafaraday 15:07 04 Oct 04

Could anyone tell me how I should go about changing the BIOS to enable me to boot from CD? I have just installed Drive Image 7 - any help would be most welcome.

blanco 16:28 04 Oct 04

To enter BIOS either check you motherboard manual or watch for the instruction 'TO Enter Setup'on screen as boot up starts. For Example for my MSI I have to promptly press Delete.

Once in BIOS go to the Advanced BIOS (or CMOS) Features and you should find a boot order list which you can than alter to say 1st CD-ROM. 2nd Hard Drive, 3rd Floppy.

alan227 16:33 04 Oct 04

To access the boot device you need to get into the BIOS at start up, it will tell you when you get the first message on your screen ( ie press delete to enter set up )
When you get into the BIOS you need to find the BOOT menu and alter this to boot from your CD first.

After you have done this press F10 then press enter, put your Cd in and that is it.

If these instructions do not work post back with your make of BIOS eg Phoenix, award etc.

Carafaraday 16:46 04 Oct 04

Thanks, both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…