Drive Image 2002 in XP(weird error message)

Chegs ® 11:23 10 Jul 03

I have been experiencing a severe slowdown on my puter(XP Pro)I have installed a couple of 120GB HDD's in a SATA striped setup.I recently partitioned the SATA drives and changed the file system over to NTFS,and now my puter takes several minutes to boot(gets to loading Messenger,then waits ages before showing the ZA+ Conexant ADSL connection)I have altered various settings on the drives(Allow/Disabled indexing service on partitions)and as nothing seemed to alter its bootup times,I decided to reinstall a backup made with DI and get a message saying that as C:Speedy isn't in the same place??? it cannot restore the image.I haven't altered any of the connections to the HDD,I haven't altered any of the jumpers(Master/slave)I have altered nothing since I made the image a few days ago,so how does it reckon C:Speedy has moved? and how do I work round it?

Chegs ® 15:50 10 Jul 03

?

-pops- 16:08 10 Jul 03

What is C:Speedy?

I had DI2002 on XP and it never had anything to do with C:Speedy. I've looked for it on my machine and it doesn't seem to be there. Can't find anything of any relevance on Google either.

Haven't a clue about SATA though.

Brian

Chegs ® 16:16 10 Jul 03

C:Speedy is my Primary partition(where the OS lives,as I have my daughters puter networked,I named the drive "Speedy" to enable me to tell EXACTLY which drive I am working in)

Chegs ® 21:20 10 Jul 03

SATA is also Serial ATA,its faster than ATA133 at 150mb/s(approx)

I haven't the faintest idea what happened,but I "re-installed" XP and the problem vanished.I have rerun thru my various drivers,and it has replaced the LAN driver,and now reports my DirectX as unknown(which isn't to bad as I had DX9 in and games were running jerky/slow for a few seconds,this has now improved a lot)Off to try loading DX8.1 instead.

Chegs ® 08:28 14 Jul 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…