Drive Image 2002 Image file problem

MIke 14:30 25 Jan 05

Can enyone help on this problem

I've been using DI 2002 on my win XP Home pc for some time now, and it has always been faultless.

I recently upgraded my Hard drive from 20GB to 120GB.

I decided to re-install windows from scratch on the new drive.

After loading windows, MOBO drivers and a few programs I use regularly I decided to make a DI Image of this bare system. The image created successfully however if I try to open it with the Image Explore the file cannot be accessed. Nor can I delete or move the file. I've tried changing the file attributes by unticking read only but still cannot delete the file. I get the write protected disc error dialogue box.

Previously I've been able to back up these images to cd and thenm delete the image. Any ideas why the change?

The only way of getting rid was to re-format the partition. Susequent attempts at producing an image were the same.

Julemand 16:29 25 Jan 05

does drive image 2002 support hard drives over 80 MB

Djohn 16:34 25 Jan 05

I was under the impression that DI 2002 will not work with XP and you need to use DI 7 instead. Have you used the 2002 disk instead of the DI7 one?

ventanas 16:45 25 Jan 05

DI 2002 does work with XP. I use it myself because I have problems with .net framework on my machine. Not as easy as it takes you out of Windows, but until I find out why .net keeps corrupting it's all I've got. reformatted twice now, and when the Win Updates come down, so does .net framework.

MIke 17:12 25 Jan 05

Thanks for the replies

Yes DI does support XP. I've been using it since I upgraded to XP My old version Of DI didn't support XP. As I said it's been faultless until I changed my hard drive. I've checked to see if there are any limits on Hard drive size, but can't see any mention. Of course Powerquest site no longer exists, so Internet is no use.

I've downloaded a trial version of Acronis 8 and made some images this afternoon which appear OK. I can certainly save them to DVD no problem, whereas DI Image was corrupted, and I can delete them afterwards off my drive. I can go so far at restoring,but as it's a trial version they don't allow you to actually do the restore, but it certainly looks promising. I may stump up the $50 they want for full version, Exchange rate is quite good at the moment isn't it?

I'll tick resolved despite problem not being fully solved.

Thanks

MIke 17:13 25 Jan 05

Should have read DI 2002 does support XP...Sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…