Drive Icons on Task Bar

Lettervanman 20:13 25 Jan 05

On my previous system running 98se I had a useful utility where by all the drives were accessible from a pop up on right hand side of task bar. Then the contents of the drives would open by hovering mouse on drive letter.

Can't remember if this was a download or from a free disc!
Anybody help? On XP now.

Gongoozler 20:36 25 Jan 05

Right click on a blank part of the Taskbar, select "Toolbars" and click to put a tick against "Desktop". You will now have an extra box titled Desktop. Click on the chevron alongside this and see if it gives you what you want.

Lettervanman 20:47 25 Jan 05

Thanks Gongoozler,that will do nicely!
I just could not recall how I got there before,must have read it in a Mag.Memory not what it was,mine that is, thank goodness computers is o.k.
Lettervanman

Gongoozler 20:52 25 Jan 05

That ok Lettervanman. I'm on the wrong side of 60 myself. I usually get the answers by searching with Google and fiddling with the computer until I get the results I want. If I make a complete mess of it I reformat and start again ;-)

spikeychris 20:56 25 Jan 05

good post, I didn't know that.

Lettervanman 21:06 25 Jan 05

One of the joys of XP,System Restore.I have been using it a fair bit getting to grips with new system!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…