Drive Has Disappeared !

KCR 21:11 24 Feb 04

My DVD writer drive has disappeared from My Computer !. I am running XP Home and there is power to the drive - it opens/closes etc. There doesn't appear to be any reason for this. Prassi Primo picks up that the DVD writer is there but other software (e.g. games) do not detect it.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Kristen

LastChip 21:43 24 Feb 04

When you say it has disappeared, do you mean it has disappeared from Device Manager, or Windows Explorer and does it appear in Drive Management?

KCR 09:48 25 Feb 04

The drive no longer appears in My COmputer

pyrocrafter 11:53 25 Feb 04

Have you gone to Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the DVD writer. You could try uninstalling it, restart your computer and let it detect the DVD all over again. Or, maybe the driver could be updated.

Brian-336451 12:08 25 Feb 04

If you're running the above, make sure the drive is not deselected.

JerryJay 12:17 25 Feb 04

go into bios setup to see if it is recognised by bios. If it is not recognised, dvd driver maybe faulty or has a loose connection.

LastChip 14:10 25 Feb 04

is to use System Restore, and reset your computer to a date when all was well.

If you are not familiar with this function, the Help files will guide you through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…