Drive cannot read data CD

TOPCAT® 20:56 26 Apr 05

WinMe again! :o( The CD-RW drive will run audio CDs fine, but when a good data disc is tried I get the following: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate peremissions to access the item"

Had this problem awhile back and rectified it with a firmware upgrade which I've now done again.

I see that in both my drives' Properties "enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" is enabled, but greyed out. I've never enabled it in the first place, so assume it is ticked by default? Both drives have DMA enabled and the drive letter boxes can be changed okay.

I've uninstalled both devices separately from Device Manager and physically disconnected them from shutdown, then reinstalled each one separately to let Windows install drivers. Also reinstalled soundcard drivers. Made no difference I'm afraid. TC.

TOPCAT® 21:17 26 Apr 05

as I am not enabling it until the system is running fine again. Any errors, which I obviously have, would be carried over into the restore points. TC.

TOPCAT® 23:20 26 Apr 05

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…