drive C has a new icon and opens a game

keith-236785 09:57 06 Sep 04

Hi

my son in his wisdom (or lack of) has changed the drive C icon on his computer to a shortcut to Hoyles Board Games, double clicking the drive C: starts hoyles instead of opening drive.

i know there is a way but i cant find it.

OS is winxp pro

thanks

keith-236785 09:48 07 Sep 04

Thanks, i deleted the Hoyles Autorun and now when i double click drive c i get a file not found error message.

still got the hoyles icon as drivec's icon instead of normal icon.

i am going to see if i can do a system restore to first install.

thanks for trying

cga 09:56 07 Sep 04

Right click on the Icon & select properties.

In this you should find the incorrect reference and should be able to correct it.

keith-236785 11:48 07 Sep 04

already tried that, windows xp doesn't show the path so i can't change it back (not that i would know what to point it to anyway lol)

tried all i know and i cant change it, tried system restore but it wouldnt go back far enough.

i am stuck.

buscrew 13:11 07 Sep 04

Try TweakUI from Microsoft, and use the Repair/Rebuild Icons option.

keith-236785 23:04 07 Sep 04

buscrew, i will give it a go tomorow, thanks

ßéLâ, already deleted the autorun icon, now i get error message saying file cannot be found. i will try the above tomorrow

thanks

Dorsai 17:39 08 Sep 04

once you have deleted the icon and autorun file you may need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

keith-236785 07:04 16 Sep 04

buscrew's advice worked for me.

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…