Drive boot sequence

kevvyb 18:22 09 Jan 04

Having changed my boot sequence to CDROM first for installation of XP, is there any compelling reason why this should be changed back to floppy first or doesn't it really matter? I figure that I can always boot into BIOS if necessary to change it when needed. Only reason I can think of is that wear and taer on CDROM might be less if boot sequence never gets to CDROM and this would be more expensive to replace than floppy....

leo49 18:26 09 Jan 04

Mine are always set to boot from HDD 1st - my logic being that 99% of the time that's what I want the PC to boot from so why waste time having it check elsewhere first.

Djohn 18:27 09 Jan 04

Don't think it matters. I have left mine as yours. If I need to use the floppy, I just click on the "A" drive Icon. j.

Djohn 18:29 09 Jan 04

Might even change mine to the same as leo49, makes sense! ;o)

spikeychris 18:34 09 Jan 04

I agree with the 49er

billyliv 18:50 09 Jan 04

Hi, When you instal XP, your 'Boot Up' files are put on your Hard Drive. It makes sense to have your HDD-1 first in line. Cheers, Bill

kevvyb 19:13 09 Jan 04

Thanks all...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…