Drive bays

partyboy17uk 09:26 29 Mar 03

Hi all, just a quick question.
I am buying a new PC soon and was looking if this PC had expansion, i was just wondering what this means;

"There are two spare 51/4" and two spare 31/2" drive bays"

Not really sure what 51/4's and 31/2's are. Which one can you put soundcards and videocards in? and what is the other one for then? Thanks.Dave

€dstow 09:31 29 Mar 03

Five and quarter are for CD players/writers etc and three and a half for small things like Floppy drives (if accessible from from front) or hard drives if not accessible.

Cards go in PCI slots inside the machine

Gongoozler 09:36 29 Mar 03

Hi Dave. This probably means that there are 2 spare spaces at the front for 3.5 inch wide drives such as floppy disk drives, and 2 spare spaces for 5.5 inch wide drives such as cd or dvd drives.

partyboy17uk 09:57 29 Mar 03

ahh I thought when it said drive bays i thought they were talking about PCI slots or so, I cant really see anything on the site about them.
.....The PC I am looking at is the Multivision Ionix R95. I found out that it comes with a MSI K7N2-L motherboard, and also found a picture of it, looks like it has plenty of possible expansion. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…