DreamweaverMX - In trouble (again)

pj123 14:32 22 Jun 03

I have been given the job of maintaining an already existing website. (The previous person has left the company). Having spent 3 days till well gone midnight I think I have learnt something, I can at least edit the text on the pages. But this site has a template called main.dwt. I need to add a new page and link buttons, but try as I might, I cannot find a way to do this. Everytime I try to do something on the template I get the "no entry" sign. If I click on an existing link button the "edit" option in the properties at the bottom of the screen is not available. Can someone tell me how to edit, amend, add to a template please.

harristweed 17:30 22 Jun 03

A page created by a dreamweaver template has 'locked areas'. To edit this page go to modify / templates / detach from template. Now you will be able to edit the page.

pj123 17:55 22 Jun 03

Sorry, harristweed but "detach from templates" is not available??

harristweed 19:17 22 Jun 03

You need to 'open' the page you want to edit, then the option is available.

If you open the template and make alterations to it, you will have the option to 'update' every page that has the template applied to it.

pj123 17:32 23 Jun 03

Thank You. Will try that.

pj123 12:25 26 Jun 03

I will tick this as resolved for the time being as I think I am getting there, albeit slowly. If I come up against a problem in the future I will post again. thanks for the assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…