Dreamweaver and XHTML?

Marky_Bhoy 14:37 04 Feb 04

As far as I know dreamweaver does not automatically generate XHTML.

I believe that XHML is the way to go for websites.

anyone know more information?

Taran 16:24 04 Feb 04

Dreamweaver MX and Dreamweaver MX 2004 both produce good XHTML code easily and efficiently.

For Dreamweaver MX:

Click on File, New, select Basic Page from the categories listed in the left hand panel and select HTML under the Basic Page: column on the right.

At the botrtom right of the splash screen, click to put a tick in the box that says "Make document XHTML compliant".

Job Done.

Dreamweaver MX 2004 is almost the same depending on whether you kept the splash screen visible in the program options on startup.

You can also convert existing web pages to XHTML by opening them in Dreamweaver and click on File, Convert then click on XHTML.

Type XHTML in the search bar of the Dreamweaver helpfiles for loads of information.

Taran 16:30 04 Feb 04

I should have also pointed out that you can easily make Dreamweaver 4 produce XHTML documents as well, if you are prepared to do a bit of tweaking:

click here

click here

click here

Marky_Bhoy 20:42 04 Feb 04

thanks a lot Taran!

I have Dreamweaver MX and I never noticed that tick box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…