Dreamweaver, a way to check where a file is used?

Mysticnas 08:04 01 Sep 05

Hi all,

I've got a site at work and i've been asked to clear it up by a colleague, eg. duplicate images etc...

However, another colleague has said to consult her before I do anything. Now there are a lot of images in this folder and I currently no way of knowing which file is in use by what and have to check each page manually to see if the image is used on a page or not.

Is there an automated way in Dreamweaver to achieve this? To see what links are pointing to the image?

Thanks all.

harristweed 08:43 01 Sep 05

There is not a facility, in Dreamweaver to check images with no link to them.

However you could set up a 'dummy' site. Copy all the pages to it (Don't update links), but NOT copy the images.

Then go to Site / Check links sitewide (ctrl +F8). This will find all the 'missing' images.

Therefore if an image is NOT on this list, it is NOT required.

Hope this makes sense.

Mysticnas 09:07 01 Sep 05

make sense... however, copying the site will take sometime... it's quite a large site. :o( and there are 1000's of images.

However, i've found another way, albeit lengthy too....

If you go into Dreamweaver and right click an image, a gray menu pops up. Go to Edit, then Delete and if it's being used/linked to by anything else it was warn you.

eg. mpPic.jpg is being used by: //mypage.htm are you sure you want to delete it? I'm just deleting the one's without a warning.

Urgh.. it's a lengthy task though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…