Dreamweaver Tables, where are my borders?

Mysticnas 13:24 23 Aug 05

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with Dreamweaver MX 2004.

I can make a table on a blank page and insert borders fine.

When I attempt to do the same thing on page with a template I can't add any borders, just an table outline. Why is that?

Anything else you need to know just ask. I'm not into dreamweaver too much so bear with me if I seem a little 'nooby'.

Thanks all.

Taran 03:29 24 Aug 05

Templates in Dreamweaver are a bit of a minefield until you get your head around some basic principles.

Unless a region in a page is editable, that is, it has been designated as an area of page content that you are allowed to alter, there's not much you can do with it.

That said, if you open a new page then save it as a template there should be nothing stopping you from putting one or more tables into said page.

Make a new page.

Save it as a template.

From the 'Common' tab on the top toolbar choose the table icon, follow the prompts and add your table.

You can also choose Insert >> Table or just use Ctrl+Alt+T

If your newly added table has no border, either add the border="1" parameter into the table opening HTML tag manually, or click on the table to select it and then add its border value in the peoperties panel along the bottom of the Dreamweaver interface.

If the Properties panel is not visible then either hit Ctrl+F3 or select Window >> Properties from the very top toolbar.

FYI I normally find it simpler to get the base layout of the tempplate page done with all colours, CSS, JavaScript, navigation links and so on in place, assign editable regions to the page areas you want to be able to alter and then start using the template as nature intended.

I'm not sure where things are going wrong for you on this one though. If you still get no joy, try posting more information, if at all possible.

Mysticnas 07:45 24 Aug 05

Thanks for that.

Ok here's the problem.

I'm at work and they have a set template in use. I needed to create a data table (like an excel table).

So i open up a page add the template and start editing content, adding content,links etc...

Sometimes I have to edit the template too. I'm currently working on a new template for something else too.

Anyway, the main body of the template is editable. Generally the template consists of top and left buttons/links.

So, i'm not trying to use a table for page layout, it's just for data.

Does this make things any clearer?

Mysticnas 12:47 24 Aug 05

Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…