Dreamweaver Problems

BBez 00:16 19 Jan 04

I am trying to edit a webpage that was created in Front Page (Office XP) with a Default template. When i attempt to edit the page properties in Dreamweaver (background) it won't change after refreshing it. Does anyone know if this is possible to edit Front Page template created pages in Dreamweaver, thanks in advance...

tomleady 09:28 19 Jan 04

are you using a stylesheet that controls the background? i have had probs with conflicting css and dreamweaver properties.

not sure about altering the templates from FrontPage in DW, but you could try saving a new blank page from your template, opening it in DW, and then saving that as the template.

but it depends what u need to do with it i suppose.

sorry, just realised i've been of extremely little use!

Taran 19:06 19 Jan 04

FrontPage applies themes to its sites if you choose to use them. You can use the built in themes [most are pretty awful] or you can customise your own.

They are applied using a form of CSS styling. Look for a metatag along the lines of <meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="auto 011"> which denotes an applied theme.

You can deconstruct the site manually, or use some of the built in features of Dreamweaver to import it. There are a couple of free extensions from the Macromedia Exchange that will run an import process on a FrontPage site, converting it into a Dreamweaver root folder.

Details on some of the possibilities are click here and details of the FrontPage migration kit are click here

That should get you up and running.

Taran

BBez 21:18 20 Jan 04

yes, it is using CSS, Taran, thanks for the links, very informative and saving me rebuilding the site from the ground up...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…