dreamweaver php disaster!

mco 20:33 08 Jun 06

This will teach me not to mess with things I don't understand! I've inadvertently acquired a page (index.php) on a website I'm building in dreamweaver - it opened up accidentally when I was trying to sort an rss feed on another program altogether. I suspect dreameaver took over my pc and opened it up on this site. How on earth do I get rid of it? I don't know how to delete pages (let alone ones calling themselves index.php) on dreamweaver yet; I'm so new to it.

splatter 12:47 09 Jun 06

On the right hand side under the files menu, just select the file you want to delete and either press the 'Delete'/'Del' Button on your keyboard or right click it goto Edit->Delete

splatter 12:47 09 Jun 06

On the right hand side under the files menu, just select the file you want to delete and either press the 'Delete'/'Del' Button on your keyboard or right click it goto Edit->Delete

ade.h 14:10 09 Jun 06

"Come back NOF, all is forgiven!"

mco 16:06 09 Jun 06

It doesn't show up in the files menu - but it does show up along the top, in a line, alongside with my other (wanted) pages -er if you see what I mean. So how do I delete it from there?

mco 16:07 09 Jun 06

Don't worry; I never abandoned NOF! My other two sites are thriving under NOF; this is just a mini project to learn dreamweaver and - in the long summer holidays - teach myself CSS.

ade.h 16:15 09 Jun 06

"...in the long summer holidays - teach myself CSS"

Only if it's raining. If it's sunny there are much better things to do than learn CSS! LOL.

A 30-day trial of DW was enough for me.

mco 16:16 09 Jun 06

..at my school. But I'm not important enough (not being in the ICT dept) to be allowed to go on the course to learn how to use it!

mco 22:29 09 Jun 06

This must be such an easy one to resolve if you know what you're doing in DW - all I want to do is delete this index.php that's accidentally opened itself up into this dreamweaver project!

ade.h 22:33 09 Jun 06

I don't suppose it's as simple as selecting the page in the site structure and pressing Del on the keyboard is it? Like in NOF. But you probably already tried that and DW seems not be that simple.

Have you tried uploading the site to see if this extra page actually causes any conflicts?

ade.h 22:34 09 Jun 06

not be = not to be...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…