Dreamweaver Link Report

Mysticnas 11:24 01 Sep 05

Hi all,

I've been asked whether I can produce a report on a site and all it's links to documents.

On this particular minisite there are around 400 links to various documents. I need something to show what page the links are on and where they are pointing to.

Is this possible???

Thanks in advance all.

Mysticnas 14:19 01 Sep 05

Taran 18:22 01 Sep 05

I'm not posting a walk-through for this since the steps vary considerably depending on which version of Dreamweaver you have - my luck being what it is I'll probably give you destructions on the wrong version...

If you're using Dreamweaver MX or MX 2004, make sure you use the option in Sitemap to "Display dependent files" from the View, Layout menu.

This will display all web documents in the site, their structure in the navigation tree and the "Display dependent files" option will give you a view of images, PDFs, Word documents and anything else linked to from a page in the site.

That should also help your other query in the forum regarding image tracking and identifying which images are being actively used and which are not.

You can export your Sitemap as a graphic for inclusion in reports and whatnot and if you right click on a file within the active Sitemap view, you can choose from a raft of options including linking to a new document.

I use Sitemap extensively for generating an entire site structure - often before any of the visuals, CSS and graphics are prepared. Add a link to a new document, fill in the file name and so on and the file is created in your web root folder and a simple text link to the new page from the source page is created for you.

You can set up very large sites with all navigation in place in no time at all.

Nice...

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…