Dreamweaver file paths on windows XP

tearingmyhairout 19:26 18 Jun 03

Hi

I've just bought a new note book with XP home loaded on it, but I've noticed that the "My Documents" folder has a rather long prefix including the name of the shop that I bought it from, I've since found out that this is normal because that's apparently how XP is set up?!

The annoying thing is that I can't upload any web pages because I've been told that Dreamweaver remembers the original file paths and unfortunately I saved them on my old computer in the "My Documents" folder.

I must confess as you might gather that I am not that familiar with file paths, folders and directories, and I just don't know what to do.

Would some kind person please explain in layman's terms how I could get over this problem.

Thanks.

Keith 21:39 18 Jun 03

Try re-naming the My Documents to its standard name and drop the long prefix.

I use Dreamweaver and am not aware of it remembering file paths as you describe. Use Sites > Define Sites to add your sites from whatever folder you want. Keith

tearingmyhairout 18:41 19 Jun 03

thanks for the help keith, I tried renaming "My Documents" without the prefix, but it wouldn't accept it because it was the default name. In the end I solved it by creating a "My Documents" folder in the hard drive and forgetting about the other, and everthing is now fine.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…