Dreamweaver 8 or Studio 8

powerless 16:03 21 Aug 05

From what I've seen there is a £350 difference between the two, might as well buy Studio 8?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has managed to try out Dreamweaver 8 and what do they think of it?

AndySD 18:29 21 Aug 05

Its not out untill the 9th of Sept.

powerless 19:29 21 Aug 05

Doh.

Taran 02:59 23 Aug 05

Unless you're really into XML/XSLT, collapsible code editing and image blends you might be a little disappointed.

Fireworks has some really nice improvements and the CSS drop downs are worth playing with, if you want CSS drop downs of course. The new blends in Fireworks can give stunning results, but then you can do more or less the same with other graphics programs or with previous versions of Fireworks with a couple of third party plugin filters or extensions.

Flash gets about the most bells and whistles, but I hardly ever use it and so to me it is worthless as an upgrade. Perhaps you would find more use for it than I do.

Frankly, unless you are running something below MX (product version 6) then I'm not certain Studio 8 is worth the money. If you were running an old version product though, it offers a very cost effective option to get bang up to date.

I'm as impressed with it as I always am with Macromedia products, but the 'new' features are, in my opinion, elements that should have been an intrinsic part of Studio MX 2004.

It's great if you upgrade from an old Macromedia product, and great if you don't already own a fairly recent Macromedia product, otherwise I consider it overpriced and under featured as a straight upgrade from version 6 or version 7 (MX and MX 2004 respectively).

I'll be sticking with my Studio MX 2004 and the extensions I commonly use for now.

Taran 03:01 23 Aug 05

I meant the above to also apply to a standalone Dreamweaver upgrade.

All of this is relative though.

I like what Studio MX 2004 does for me and I know it inside out, and so the additional features in Studio/reamweaver 8 do not impress as much as a newcomer to the Macromedia products or to someone running an old product.

Maybe I'm just getting jaded in my dotage...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…