THE DREADED INTERNET OPTIMIZER EXE - HELP

SANAP 20:25 17 Aug 03

Got this dreaded unwanted download and now need to get rid of it totally but must admit I am lost. AVG found it but can't remove it. The instructions I have read on doxdesk are beyond me. I am using WIN98SE and need a step by step innstruction please.

kortical Implant 20:36 17 Aug 03

have you tried adaware click here

SANAP 22:25 17 Aug 03

Ad aware is no good with this one and it is a bugger to get rid of to a non techie.

sanap

SANAP 15:23 18 Aug 03

I deleted what I could but no guarantee it has gone, it also got me a downloader.dyfuca and still not sure that ahs gone.

sanap

Confab 15:31 18 Aug 03

Its a good idea to use adaware and spybot after you have closed all running apps. Press Ctrl, Alt & Del and end tak on everything except explorer. Make sure spybot and adaware are running the latest updates and try again. You may find that the progs are removed from your pc. Also try the same with AGV. They can't always remove a prog if its still running.

Confab 15:32 18 Aug 03

should be end task not end tak

JoeC 15:52 18 Aug 03

to see if it helps in any way.

click here

rawprawn 16:17 18 Aug 03

You can clear it out of the registry if Win98SE works the same as XP. You can try for nothing, go to Start/Run & type regedit make sure My Computer is highlighted click Edit then click Find, Type the exact name of the file you want to get rid of (EG Internet optimizer.exe) click Find Next. It should come up with your file & be highlighted. Delete that & ONLY THAT then click find next, & so on until it finds no more. Make a backup of your registry before you start in case of any mistakes, don't mess with anything else.

rawprawn 16:21 18 Aug 03

You can search for the downloader file that way as well. If you think you have downloder.dyfuca do the same exercise.

jazzypop 16:49 18 Aug 03
  rawprawn 17:09 18 Aug 03

Well found

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…