dreaded blue screen of dath ??

stevediggo 08:07 28 Sep 06

I have installed a new lexmark printer on my pc with card reading facility everytime i put a card in to download my photos my system crashes with the dreaded blu screen of death could it be a usb problem or a driver conflict somewhere PLEASE HELP thank you

Diemmess 10:13 28 Sep 06

Your operating system?
BSOD message might help too?

(BSOD can be of many varieties depending on the o/s and how severe the crash is!)

stevediggo 12:42 28 Sep 06

re the system crash i posted,i have installed a lexmark printer with memory card facility to view photos,when i insert the memory card into the printer to view my pics the pc crashes to the dreaded BSOD,the pc runs fine no probs whatsoever,Win XP home Service pack 2 the usb ports work just fine only happens when i use the card reader on the printer

Diemmess 13:43 28 Sep 06

I use neither XP nor a multipurpose printer but certain ground rules apply.

Have you checked in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager - and at the bottom of the list "USB controllers"?

If there is a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark open the list and delete or remove the marked one.

Reboot with a card in the reader, and hopefully XP will conect the right drivers for you.

If no yellow warning triangle then I can only suggest uninstalling the entire printing facility.
Reboot and re-install the printer sticking absolutely to the method recommended with any set up info that came with it.

Diemmess 17:57 28 Sep 06

You've ticked this, so presumably all is working again.
That's good, but for anyone who looks at this thread can you say what you did which succeeded?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…