dreaded blue screen

conrail 12:03 27 May 05

pc has crashed, use xp pro, starts to load windows then get the blue screen with the nessage: Unmountable_boot_volume
***Stop: 0XOOOOOOED (0X81BD6C08, 0XC0000185, 0X00000000,0X00000000)
any help apreciated having to use daughters very slow laptop

VoG II 12:08 27 May 05
  recap 12:10 27 May 05

If you click here you may find a solution to your problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:32 27 May 05

UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME
click here

conrail 15:00 01 Jun 05

thanks for suggestions guys, will work through them, within 1 hour of posting question had to go away to work, happens a lot, boss rings, I jump, so just got back to read your answers

conrail 15:03 01 Jun 05

some replies state I may have the wrong cable, the system has been running for about 18 months, only thing I did just a few days before problem was to partition my 120 gb hd using partition magic 8, no other changes in hardware or software

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 01 Jun 05

You may just have a bad sector on the disk where the boot files are stored. follow the instructions in the link I provided and it shold boot back to windows on completion.

conrail 19:52 01 Jun 05

thanks guys, have managed to reinstall after chkdsk /r sorted out hd, have completed new install but now pc askes for the administarator password, I have not set any passwords, after reading other posts on this subject decided on clean install but although bios set to boot from cd it keeps going straight to windows and admin password screen, please help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:57 01 Jun 05

just press enter

NT password cracker
click here

conrail 16:30 02 Jun 05

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ have tried that but the link on the page is not available, click here. although a search for the file needed brought up a few ideas, click here but cannot get into dos on the pc, have tried changing the bios to cd/floppy and hd boot, each time the program runs to the admin password screen, cannot get the pc to run from the cd to do a complete install beginning to think it might be easier to buy a new hd but would like to sort this out if possible

conrail 20:46 03 Jun 05

finally up and running, many thanks to all, you were a great help, aparently a bad sector. hope I can help you one day but doubt it, it is great to know there are people like you out there to help, again many many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…