//some 3rd party need geo

Dreaded Acces Violation Error...

I have recently been encountering quite a few errors in certain programs, including Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Kazaa and GTA3 (known and common error in GTA3). At random intervals, the program will pop up the "...has encoutered a problem..." error and close down.

I had a look in the Event Viewer to see what these errors were, and every single one is an Access Violation of exception c0000005.

I have formatted my drive and re-installed windows from scratch and all of my programs, to no avail. This tells me that it is either a third party program causing this, or a hardware fault.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.

JoeC 13:15 11 Apr 03

( one of several ) that can cause a coooooo5 access violation is Kazaa itself. Have a look here to see if anything helps.

click here

JoeC 13:19 11 Apr 03

Access Violation (C0000005) into Google. This comes back with several hits, including game sites

Thanks for the link. I've seen something like that, but it is not a start-up problem, it happens randomly when working with these programs.

I've already done an excessive search in google for c0000005, which is how I found out that the GTA3 error is common. There is nothing on this site.

Anyone have an ideas?

[Refresh]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…