Draytek 2710n Router

Vintage90 14:22 PM 09 Jun 11

Hi all. I just set this new router up yesterday, bought it because of good signal strength and USB port, which I want to attach a high capacity hdd to.

Here's the rub. I have tried USB stick, 3 different hard drives but the router refuses to recognise any of them, in order to use DFU mode, I changed to WPA encryption, only to discover that windows 7 64 bit has what are described as "issues"

It does not appear on my laptop as an option either. Any ideas?

Strawballs 21:40 PM 09 Jun 11

The laptop I'm using at the moment is Win 7 64bit connected wireless to a 6yr old Linksys running WPA.

Vintage90 06:04 AM 10 Jun 11

Straballs But does your router have USB port? For some reason, when I change to WPA and attempt to use the network on my laptop ( Toshiba satellite pro) the option for WPA does not appear, so I can't even enter a new password.

Looks like a reinstall on the laptop. Strange though, and others on Windows forums report similar issues with some laptops.

Glad you are still here!

Vintage90 09:07 AM 10 Jun 11

Some progress: found a workaround, and now have WPS (DFU mode) active.

still none of the usb devices are recognised....Grrr Anyone got any ideas?

I have also:

Upgraded the router firmware enabled UPNP anyone got any other ideas? I'm pretty sure I've missed something in the routers setup, but can't think what!

Crosstrainer2 19:23 PM 10 Jun 11

l24

It is...Might have a duff one but can you suggest setings I may have missed?

CT

Crosstrainer2 22:55 PM 10 Jun 11

Yes firmware is brand new...as a modem. superb , but im sending it back it does not do what i wanted it to.

mind you.. suggestions are always welcome, and the new russian Wodka may make comms difficult :))

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone