Drawing in WORD

K*B 21:49 06 Sep 10

Hello friends, I am writing a report in WORD which requires that I draw block diagrams and flow charts for illustrations. How do I do this in WORD? Does WORD have any inbuilt applications for such? Thanks.

MAJ 21:51 06 Sep 10

"Does WORD have any inbuilt applications for such?"

Yes. click here

skeletal 22:17 06 Sep 10

Although it does, I personally much prefer to draw in other packages and cut and paste the resultant picture as an enhanced metafile (one of the options that should be available when you do a “Paste special”).

This obviously depends exactly what you have available, but many Office packages include PowerPoint, which IMO is a better choice than Word’s picture editor.

Skeletal

K*B 10:04 07 Sep 10

Thanks guys, but how do I do a "Paste special", Skeletal? Is it different from the usual Cut & "Paste"? Thanks.

MAJ 10:42 07 Sep 10

Paste Special allows you to paste something into an application and keep or discard certain properties of the pasted item, for example, if you copied a block of text from a document, you could choose to retain the text's formatting from the old document when you paste it into a new document. In Word 2003, if you paste something into a document, you will notice a little icon at the end of the pasted section, click on that icon to get the Paste Special options. In Word 2007 there is a little arrow below the Paste icon on the Ribbon, click that arrow to get the Paste Special options.

Marko797 12:03 07 Sep 10

if in word 2007 or 2010, go to Insert, Shapes, New drawing canvas, then Insert, Shapes, Flowchart and click the shape you wish to use and then draw this to the size you want in the new canvas. By using a new drawing canvas, this enables hold points to be seen where the arrows or lines which you want to use can be anchored after which you can adjust alignment.
Once you start to develop the flowchart, it's usual for the insert shapes box to appear at the top left of the ribbon for ease of access.

K*B 18:33 07 Sep 10

Thanks, friends.

K*B 14:34 12 Sep 10

MAJ, could you kindly send me the Microsoft drawing document that applies to WORD 2007? The one you sent applies only to WORD 2000-2003. Thanks.

OR

Marko797, please send me the Microsoft paperwork on what you said on drawing in WORD. Thanks.

Marko797 16:13 12 Sep 10

simply open Word (I assume 2007 or 2010?) and press F1 key, which will bring up Word Help.

Failing that, why don't u Google 'flowcharts in Word' etc, or go to MS site? in 2 mins I found this: click here

Marko797 16:13 12 Sep 10

when you press F1, simply type 'flowcharts'

K*B 22:01 13 Sep 10

Thanks, Marko797.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now