Drawing a clock

s99Raj 11:56 02 May 07

Does anyone know of a really good and easy way to draw a clock and add the numbers around it?

At the moment I'm trying to do this in Word. I can easily draw a circle, fill it in with my choice of colour and add the numbers around it using text boxes.

My problem is aligning the numbers up exactly. How can I best achieve this? Is there any way I can arrange them at 30 degrees apart around in a circle?

Bagsey 23:02 02 May 07

I do that using MS Publisher but I would think most DTP programs would be able to do the job.
Drawing your circle is as you say easy. Mark the centre point with a verticle and horizontal line. select all and combine into a single image .Now use a bit of triganomitry and draw a triangle having sides of 3,4 and 5 units in length. Move these around until they link up into a triangle. You will have produced a triangle whose angles are 30,60,and 90 degrees. Select all and link them together so that they can be moved about as a complete triangle. Place the point of the 30degree corner on the centre point and you will have established either a line to mark the position of the 2 oclock and 8 oclock points. Copy and paste the triangle and using the copy to move around and fix the 1 oclock and 7 oclock poimts.
If you have followed so far you shold have no trouble completing the face.
Remember when you are satisfied with each stage to select all and combine everything together as you go to avoid losing your work by making the wrong movement.
I hope this helps but post back if you need more

Bagsey 23:20 02 May 07

I have a couple of face setups drawn. If you want them just say the word and I will email them to you.My explanation above is not so good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5