Drawing circuit diagrams

Tycho 21:52 22 Jan 05

I am wanting a quick and easy drawing package for some circuit diagrms for work sheets. I have a copy of Jasc Paint Shop Pro and thought that I would use the vector graphics part of that. I am finding it very hard to use compared with the old Acorn !Draw that I used to use.

Does anyone have suggestions?

octal 22:11 22 Jan 05

Have you tried Power Point, once you've built a library of symbols its pretty easy to use.

The other program I have on my Windows partition is EAGLE layout editor, I have used the free version for a number of years for simple diagrams.

click here

I use Linux now and use a program called xcircuit, which gives me diagrams like this: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:13 22 Jan 05

click here

schematic (halfway down page)click here

octal 22:50 22 Jan 05

I've found they also offer a Linux version, so I've downloaded it and this is a screen shot of one of my projects using Eagle:

click here

And its free!

Robotic_Rob 02:47 23 Jan 05

I use PCB Wizard 3, Circuit Maker V7 and Crocodile Clips Technology.

Circuit Maker looking more professional but hard to use. And you can make you own symbols.

Crocodile Clips Technology is easy to use but doesnt look to brilliant. And is limited with symbols. As its more of a simulation package than a circuit diagram maker.

And PCB Wizard 3 easy to use, has every component in it, apart from components that are intergrated in chips. Where you can just have a chip with numbered pins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…