Dramatic deterioration in AOL broadband download

Kingside2 15:00 07 Sep 07

I am on AOL gold (with wi-fi). Until a few days ago I got good download speeds (3.5MB I think).
Suddenly it has collapsed. Internetfrog gives me download speeds between 50kbps and 90 kbps and QOS is 3%-19%. I tried at AOl's suggestion speedtester.bt.com but it gives me test error "unexpected result received when querying the network to find your service connection details...."
I am very naive on this.I don't understand whether this can (is) an AOL problem or a BT line problem ?
Also I don't understand the cause of the BT error message. AOL just keep telling me to call back in a days time - but I have no idea whether they are actually doing anything. Any advice welcome

cocteau48 15:38 07 Sep 07

Have you been unbundled at your local exchange (LLU'd) - if so your line is probably no longer BT's resposibility -it will be AOL's.
Just because AOL asked you to use the BT speedtester means nowt. I have had the same scenario from TalkTalk(who now own AOL).
If I try and use the BT tester I get exactly the same message.
The recommended tester by TalkTalk for their unbundled customers is Thinkbroadband:
click here
Give it a try.

Kingside2 20:53 07 Sep 07

Thanks.How do I find out if I have been LLu'd?

cream. 21:11 07 Sep 07

go here and put your location in.

AOL lists click here

Dipso 22:00 07 Sep 07

If your upload connection speed as shown by your router is different to 448K then it's likely you are on LLU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…