Drag and Dropping photos

Dirty Dick 08:56 22 Jun 04

I'm running Windows XP Pro and have lots of photographs on my system. I've been busy cataloging the photos and sometimes I drag and drop the original from one folder to another. But on other occasions when I try this it just copies them over to the new folder. A small '+' sign appears with the cursor when I am dragging the "copied" item. Is there any setting I need to change to stop them being copied and just moved

Eric10 09:19 22 Jun 04

If you hold SHIFT while dragging your photos they will always be moved. If you hold down CTRL while dragging they will always be copied. If you drag using the right mouse button then you get a menu when you drop the item where you can choose the action to take. When dragging a photo from one drive to another the default action is to copy; when dragging between locations on the same drive the default is to move. The default action varies with other file types such as program files where dragging can create a shortcut.

rawprawn 09:25 22 Jun 04

Thank you that was very well put, and informative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…