Drag and drop problems

m800afc 03:08 16 May 09

Windows XP Pro SP3; ASRock 775VM800; Pentium 4; 3GHz; 2Gb RAM

Recently drag and drop has become very haphazard. Sometimes the selected item is not picked up at all and may take three or four attempts to collect the item. Other times, having picked up an item it will drop it apparently at random. This may mean that the item is moved into another folder, which can take ages to find. Other times the item is dropped onto an application icon, and I have to wait for the application to sort itself out.

I have looked at the mouse dialog box in the control panel, and also the one in accessability options, and both are normal.

How can I get drag and drop to work properly?

tullie 05:32 16 May 09

Try another mouse?

robin_x 08:39 16 May 09

Try holding down SHIFT or CTRL button when dragging. They trigger Move or Copy functions. Look for the "+" symbol on the icon.
Cant remember which now.

For general mouse problems, try a newspaper under the mouse or the cork backing of a tablemat.
Or buy a new mouse.

And if you lose a file, right click on C drive in my computer and search for it. *.doc, *.mp3, *.jpg. Whatever. Takes a few mins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…