The Dr Watson Debugging Utility

BigRik 18:07 21 Aug 06

Greetings.

After installing the latest NVidia driver, I restarted my anti-virus then re-established my internet connection. Although I had the connection symbol "aquiring network address" in the taskbar, I still had net access, but everything (including anything else on my desktop) was opening very slowly.

So I brought up the Task Manager (eventually!) and saw that drwtsn32.exe was using around 95% of the CPU and that the memory it was using was also increasing exponentially.

I did a restart. All is now normal. However, after doing a scan with CCleaner, it came up with 2328.5MB of rubbish, of which 2328.2MB was the Dr Watson log file!

I know what Dr Watson does, but does anyone know a bit about how it works; ie should I have let it carry on or was it OK to restart when I did?

I would image that in not being able to aquire the network address something crashed which started the debugger, but that's one heck of a log file!

Your thoughts are appreciated.

GaT7 22:01 21 Aug 06

"....am concerned at the size of DRWTSN32.LOG which is 733,866KB..."

>>If you have a lot of program errors, drwtsn32.log will get huge.

Either delete the drwtsn32.log or open it and delete the contents.....>>

G

BigRik 22:02 21 Aug 06

^

BigRik 22:03 21 Aug 06

Oops. Must have posted straight after you! Thanks, I'll have a look.

BigRik 22:15 21 Aug 06

Thanks Crossbow7. Seems like Dr Watson is fairly useless anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…