Dr Speedtouch

jessie .x..x.x 11:22 15 May 06

Hi all,

I am using the program ` Dr speedtouch ` and keep on getting an error message whilst running the tests. At 27% of the tests i get an error message saying -
"I problem is decected to the internet

Dr SpeedTouch was unable to reach a Website via HTTP.

This is typically due to an incorrect Proxy Server configuration. Using a Proxy Server is currently disabled.

Please make sure no Firewall or local proxy software is preventing Dr SpeedTouch from connecting to the Internet.

Verify your service provider installation instructions for Proxy Server configuration and press the link below to verify or reconfigure your computer's Internet Settings".

I have configured my connection setting and i am
Not using a proxy server,
Not auto detect setting,
Not auto config,
Firewall turned off,
Antivirus turned off,

So why am i still getting an error message if the setting are correct ????

image of message - click here

thanks

jes x

Stuartli 11:28 15 May 06

I would not, under any circumstances, have your firewall or AV turned off whilst connected online.

Also see:

click here

jessie .x..x.x 21:54 15 May 06

Hi Stuart,

I only turned my antivirus and firewall off for 5 minutes to see if it made a difference.

Does anyone else have any idea why i am getting this error ????

thanks

jes x

woodchip 21:57 15 May 06

You are better with Networking set to automatically get a proxy

jessie .x..x.x 22:02 15 May 06

Hi,

Could you explain in a little more detail please.

Thanks

j x

skidzy 22:18 15 May 06

I also have a speedtouch bb modem and have just used Dr speedtouch...got to admit it does exactly the same as you jessie,but it does not affect my surfing at all.This only shows when running Dr speedtouch.

Ive tried the diagnostics and followed the trouble shoot,but that does not work either.I really dont think this is something to be alarmed about unless its causing you problems.Like i said earlier,i have no problem surfing thats with IE and Firefox.

I shall watch this thread and see if it can be sorted.

Good luck

GOBEEN 22:34 15 May 06

Hi I've had the same,it seems speedtouch is just a pain in the butt,take no notice,it does this all the time and cuts itself off as well,lots of people have the same prob. GOB.

woodchip 22:47 15 May 06

In My settings for modem it says

IP assigned by ISP This is the Proxy

you need to go to Control Panel\Networking and check the settings

Stuartli 00:58 16 May 06

>>I only turned my antivirus and firewall off for 5 minutes to see if it made a difference.>>

That's five minutes too long...:-)

Especially for AV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…