Downngrade to XP

laurie53 19:59 01 May 09

Having given my preinstalled copy of Vista a fair trial (three months) I have decided to downgrade back to XP.

(No thank you, I do not want to enter in any discussion about whether this is a wise decision!)

Not an option from the original supplier, but no problem getting a copy of course.

Any pitfalls to watch out for, or just a simple uninstall one and install the other?

MAJ 20:04 01 May 09

I'd call it an upgrade, laurie53, but that aside, make sure you have all the XP drivers for all your hardware, some can be difficult to find.

Technotiger 20:07 01 May 09

If I remember correctly, when you run the XP CD for the install, you may be given the option to let the process format the drive first if there is other data already on it.

laurie53 08:05 02 May 09

Thanks both.

Been on to Samsung, and been given a link to all XP drivers.

I'm one of those who keeps the O/S on a separate partition, just for these sorts of occasions, so would only lose the minimum on a reformat.

laurie53 09:09 02 May 09

I've just noticed that a Win 7 rc is due out next week, so I might just see if I can get hold of a copy of that, particularly if the FE makes it available on the forum, like the beta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017