downloads require license?

tanzanite 15:02 23 Jul 03

Hi i have just recently joined DotMusic and for some reason after i dload tracks when it goes to play them i get a message saying to contact provider as the song requires license.I have emailed DotMusic and they told me to try the test dload,which strangely plays fine,i am on the lastest version of windows media player and have checked that in tools a tick is beside automatically acquire license.

tanzanite 17:16 23 Jul 03

just trying to bump the queue for the evening members!

tanzanite 21:59 23 Jul 03

ok this is my only hope of my post getting read can someone reply please?

Belatucadrus 22:43 23 Jul 03

What operating system ?

tanzanite 23:20 23 Jul 03

im on xp

Belatucadrus 12:46 24 Jul 03

Don't know I'm afraid, I know that W95 had some licensing issues with the later versions of media player, but never come across this with XP.

tanzanite 16:14 24 Jul 03

sorry to keep jumping the queue, but im hoping someone else can fix this promblem!

SEASHANTY 16:40 24 Jul 03

Hi I was playing MP3's on my computer whilst surfing and a window came up telling me I needed a licence. Here also on XP. I just deleted the window. Don't know why it came up. The MP3's I have installed here are recorded to MP3 from my own CD's. Didn't take much notice of the pop up window but presume it came from Windows Media Player and NOT Musicmatch Jukebox 8 which I was using to play the MP3 files. It hasn't happened previously so I am just ignoring it.

User-312386 00:13 25 Jul 03

dont use windows media player

download real player click here

windows media player sometimes thinks that the music is illegal and stops you from using the music

Jean-Luc Picard 01:53 25 Jul 03

Make sure copy protect music is unchecked in the options menu copy music tab within media Player. You may also want to uncheck the aquire license box to see if that works. As a last resort disable you firewall or anti virus software and see if that makes a difference. this advice is relevant to the latest version of Media player.

Gaz 25 02:26 25 Jul 03

this advice is relevant to the latest version of Media player. Thats why I dont use it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…